AIR is an independent, national sector support body open to all those who wish to support the growth of international retail in the UK.
Our purpose is to create a positive profile for the international retail sector and support its growth through policy change, research and innovation.
Currently AIR is running three Campaigns
- Restoring Tax-free shopping and extending to EU residents
- Visitor Visa improvements
- Sunday trading bill exemption for London International Centres
On behalf of our supporters, AIR will undertake the following activities:
- Raising the profile of the sector within government and the wider economy.
- Representing the sector and its specific issues in government and industry forums.
- Prompting positive policy changes that will enhance international retail sales.
- Responding to challenges to minimise negative impacts on the sector.
- Undertaking research to support campaigns and enhance sales.
Other benefits for our supporters:
- Opportunities to contribute to AIR’s aims and specific programmes.
- Data and information on international retail.
- Networking events with supporters, policy makers and influencers.
Chair - Dee Corsi
Chief Executive - Paul Barnes
Paul has over 25 years’ experience advising clients at board level on public affairs and strategic reputation management, with a focus on property and retail. He is an expert in helping to influence government thinking and in creating coalitions to campaign for policy change.
Director - Pete Bowyer
Pete is an experienced and entrepreneurial team leader with a demonstrated history of working in public affairs, media relations and sustainable communications. Skilled in Public Affairs, Political Communication, Politics, Policy Analysis, and Crisis Communications. Currently partner in a strategic communications consultancy, chair of two environmental NGOs and a Fellow of the RSA.
Group Strategy and Business Development Director
Marketing and Communication Director
Senior Vice President
Director of Tourism
New West End Company
Director of Group Marketing and Communication
AIR’s supporters are drawn from all across Britain and include retailers, landlords, shopping districts, Business Improvement Districts and other businesses and organisations interested in the growth of retail, travel and tourism.
To explore more about the membership options of AIR and become a member, please contact Director Pete at firstname.lastname@example.org